Designed by: makkuro
A desktop nameplate. Customize it to show your name or text (Press "Open in Customizer" above or install OpenSCAD on your own computer). This version has 2 lines on top of each other.
Big thanks go out to RLazure for the original design, which i remixed. I updated it to the new font library, to contain 2 lines and to make the nameplate grow and shrink according to your font size selections.
This desktop nameplate is intended to be printed in 2 colours and thus has different "types" of parts to select from:
- If you don't have a dual extruder / MMU printer: Use the "full_nameplate" type. And use the "Pause @ZPos" or similar feature to change the filament during printing.
- You can also create "A flat name tag", which is just a plate which you can stick on things directly. This was an idea/request from oxgon.
- If you have a dual extruder printer: Generate and use the 2 parts "dual_extrusion_base_part" and "dual_extrusion_base_part".
You can customize:
- 2 lines of text. Just leave one empty if you need only one.
- You can set "Bold", "Italic", etc, for each line. It must be supported by the text you selected though. (e.g. Bangers does not support it)
- The font. Nice is e.g.: "Orbitron", "Bangers" or "Luckiest Guy".
- Each lines font size individually.
- The distance between the lines
If you could take a picture of an actual print, please publish it via the "post a make" button. - I am curious to see your uses in the wild.
If you like it, also check out my configurable text based creations, multi-line label, sweeping nameplate, floor stand, gadget disp
Nameplate by makkuro is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
View on Thingiverse